Thursday, May 24, 2007

Big Daddy G (Dave Glover) - May 2007 Newsletter



Hello again, blues fans & friends....


It's been a while since I last emailed you on Big Daddy G. I hope you have been keeping well. I am writing the second half of the new Big Daddy G CD. During the winter, I picked up the coolest tiny Boss 8-track recording studio so I am going to use that to help get my demos down. The plan is to get back into the studio this summer and get it done 'n out for the Fall !

As you may recall, last year I recorded 6 tracks for the new CD. They turned out fantastic! John Mays from Fathead and Jerome Godboo contributed vocals. Al Webster is on drums, Shane Scott is on bass and the sadly-missed Rod Phillips on keyboards. The one & only Alec Fraser is onboard as engineer & co-producer. I have a whole bunch more surprise guests and specials ideas for the rest of it, too!


I decided to keep the bigdaddyg.com website down for now, as it needs a major overhaul. In the meantime, have you checked out my MySpace page? It's got some sample tracks from the upcoming CD as well as a periodical blog by me, too!


What else is new? Well, I am doing a bike ride for charity in about a week. It's for a great cause. I lost a brother-in-law, Dave Mac, to a heart attack two years ago, so this charity has special meaning [see below].


All the best to you & yours.


'bye for now....


Dave


p.s. I'll have some festival & gig announcements coming out, too, in a few weeks...you'll hear 'cause you're on my list! lol


Don't forget to visit my special site for Big Daddy G on myspace!!http://www.myspace.com/bigdaddyg4blues

-----------------------

Becel Heart & Stroke Ride for the Heart


Please help me support a great charity! I'm participating in a charity bike ride on Sunday, June 3, and would be so pleased if you would sponsor me.

This is the Becel Ride for the Heart bike ride, which supports the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Click on the link at the bottom of this page to see my personal website for the ride and it will show you how to do a pledge online - it's really easy!


Aaaaand since you're on my fan/friend list....HOW'S THIS:


Anyone who sponsors me will receive their choice of a Big Daddy G t-shirt or CD, free of charge, at my next show !


Please click here to sponsor me.

Thanks for your kind support!


Big Daddy G

No comments: