Monday, September 15, 2008

JEROME GODBOO GETS MARRIED AND KEEPS ON ROCKIN' THE BLUES!


Hello, Good People -

I've been prompted to write another gig update by a few concerned fans and I'm glad that some friends are interested in what's on the horizon for the entity known as Jerome Godboo.

First, I need to say that I'm officially a married man now and loving it! Most of August was spent honeymooning in Ontario and I love hiking the Bruce Trail!

I just got back from the 2nd to last Jeff Healey Tribute show in Fredericton, N.B., and it was a ball playing to the sold-out crowd at the Harvest Jazz and Blues Fest.

My next show is at Hugh's Room this Thurs., Sept.17, and I'll be playing with Mike Branton as part of the Moonshine Room's party. The Moonshine is in Oakville and it's a very funky place. Now and then they like to move the whole community of bar patrons to a Toronto bar. This time it's at Hughs Room and there's a large lineup of performers.

Fri., Sept.19 - the last Jeff Healey Tribute Show at Big Bucks Mountain Lodge - 3330 South Service Rd. in Burlington,ON (Walkers Line exit off the QEW) - 8:30 p.m - opening band is the Bobby Hebert Experience and at 10p.m, the Healey House Band with Pat Rush and Al Webster.

Sat., Sept. 20 - Jerome Godboo and David Rotundo Band at the Rex Hotel, 194 Queen St. W. from 3:30 p.m until 6:30 p.m.

Thurs., Sept. 25 - Jerome Godboo will guest with the Jazz Band at N'awlins, 299 King St. W. at 8 p.m. until midnight.

Fri., Sept. 26 - Jerome Godboo Band featuring Pat Rush, Al Cross and Alec Fraser will play at Quigley's, 2232 Queen St. E. (at Woodbine) at 10 p.m - 2 a.m.

Sat., Sept. 27 - I'm with Gary Kendall and his Blues Band at the Golden Pheasant in St. Catharines - 244 Ontario St. in St. Catharines from 2:30 p.m until 6:30 p.m.

Sat., Sept. 27 - I'll also play with Brokenjoe (Joe Toole and Alec Fraser) at Warmingtons Bistro - 42 George St. in Brantford, ON, from 8 p.m until midnight, (519)770-4941.

I get tired just thinking about that Saturday, so I'll be taking a week off after that to homeschool my boy, Solomon, or "River", as he prefers to be called these days (it's his middle name). River just phoned me from the farm and sang me his 1st song that he wrote on guitar and vocals. He's agreed to perform it live with Cirque D'Irt this Sat.,Oct.4, at the Oakville Farmers Market (350 Kerr St.) where I'll be playing with Garden Jane and Mike Branton. All are welcome to sit in with us musician/gardeners. 10a.m. 'till 1p.m. Next up is a tiny little show which is more of a stroll through the Children's Garden in High Park with Jerome (a.k.a. Stinky Gardener) and friends from 2 - 4 p.m.

Fri., Oct. 10, I'm with Pat Rush, Alec Fraser and Al Cross at the Blue Goose Tavern in Mimico, which is at Royal York, south of the QEW, at 2 Blue Goose Way, off Cavell St., and we start playing at 9 p.m 'till 1 a.m., (416)255-2442

Sat., Oct. 11, I'm with the Odyssey Blues Band at the Lion in Port Dalhousie from 3:30 p.m. 'till 6:30 p.m.

Then.....yes...Brokenjoe is back from our summer vacation and taking over TUESDAY NIGHTS every week at Grossmans, 379 Spadina Ave., starting Tues., Oct. 14, at 10 p.m. I'll be doing a tour of Quebec in Oct. and will get back to you all about those dates.

One more show is Halloween, Fri., Oct. 31, at Roc'n Docs in Port Credit with my "A" Team of Al, Alec, and Pat.

Be gooooood and hopefully I'll see you soon!


Jerome

www.jeromegodboo.com

www.myspace.com/brokenjoemusic


----------------------------------------------

No comments: