Thursday, April 05, 2012

PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOK VANISHES FROM CANCELED AIR CANADA FLIGHT


On March 10, 2012, while onboard AC Flight 679, scheduled to leave at 1820 hrs from Halifax to Ottawa, I was seated in Row 13 (D) and had placed my reading material (a copy of Peyton Place, by Grace Metalious) in the pouch at the back of the seat before me.

Due to "mechanical difficulties", this flight was ultimately cancelled before take-off, and, in my haste, I accidentally left the book on the plane when all of us were told to disembark. Despite checking with the Lost and Found department of Air Canada in Halifax, as well as via email to its corporate offices, this book has mysteriously disappeared without a trace. It belongs to the Ottawa Public Library and needs to be returned ASAP; otherwise I will have to pay to replace it.

DO THE RIGHT THING AND RETURN IT TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER (ANY BRANCH OF THE OTTAWA PUBLIC LIBRARY WILL DO)! THANK YOU.


---------------------------------------------------------

No comments: