Saturday, October 25, 2008

MARIE-JOSEE HOULE NOMINATED IN OTTAWA XPRESS 'BEST OF' POLL


Yes, that time of year is upon us again! It's that special time when the leaves turn, you start seeing your breath on your way to work, and you are asked to vote in the Ottawa XPress 'Best Of' Poll.

It was just before stepping onto the stage [at the NAC 4th stage] last night at my CD release show that I was informed that I had received a nomination! I'm so flattered that my new release, Monsters, is nominated for "Best Folk EP of 2008"! And, once again, I find myself among other really great local musicians such as Kathleen Edwards and The Habit. The nomination itself is very flattering!

I'm not asking you to vote for me (well, kinda), but more importantly, to just take part in the poll! There are other musicians of note I'd like to highlight, such as my friends, Evil Farm Children and Sadie Hell, who were nominated for "Best Punk EP" and "Best New Band", respectively.

The link is at: http://www.ottawaxpress.ca/dossier/bestof/xpress2008.aspx. The deadline to submit your vote is Wednesday, November 5, at 11:59 p.m.

We live in a great city! It's time to celebrate what Ottawa has to offer in terms of eats, music, theatre, literature and art! And, many thanks for your support!


Marie-Josée
xx

www.myspace.com/mariejoseehoule
www.uglysocks.com


------------------------------------------------

No comments: