Sunday, June 10, 2012

SEATTLE GUITARIST ALICE STUART CELEBRATING HER 70TH BIRTHDAY!





ALICE STUART & THE FORMERLYS

decorative image

 

Wow, what a great trip I had to Bermuda and Chicago.  Got to snorkel 10 miles out in the ocean in Bermuda and was out almost every night meeting musicians and sitting in with various bands as well as doing my own show.  Thanks to Neil Burnie for being my guide!  Also many thanks to Jeanie & Bob and Michael and Deb for your many kindnesses and friendship!  Met so many wonderful people and got to hang with many good friends.  My visit at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois was heartwarming and wonderful.  Many thanks to Michael Kramer for inviting me and to Maura Costa for taking good care of me while in Chicago.  I want to welcome all the new people that I've added to this email list from that trip and from some gigs before that.

 

If you haven't made your reservations yet for our show at The Triple Door in Seattle on June 16th, better do it soon!  Wonderful guest artists will be joining the band for this celebration of  my 70th birthday. Lee Oskar will be there as well as Patti Allen and Liz Latham singing backup!!  Chris Earley,  a friend of mine from California, will be playing guitar on a tune of his that I will be singing.   Terry Davison will be joining us on guitar and pedal steel.  There's nothing more heavenly sounding than a pedal steel in my mind.   
There will be 2 shows, 7:00 and 9:30.   You can save $5.00 per ticket by buying tickets at the box office at  216 Union.  If that's not convenient, please go their website at www.tripledoor.net  or call (206) 838-4333 to reserve a seat.  We will have some very special guests joining us.  This is a momentous occasion for me and with your presence, it will be so much better.

I have set up an After Party for ticket holders after the Triple Door show at 11:30pm.  It will be in the upper private rooms.  Only room for about 75 people so let me know right away if you plan to attend this party.  Email me at alice@alicestuart.com and let me know.  I will send you a confirmation email. Please bring it for admittance to the party.  I will also have you on a list.  I have to know how many people are coming so I can pre-order the finger food/appetizers from the kitchen.  Drinks are on you.

 

If you haven't made your reservations yet, please do it soon.  The 7pm show is filling up so if that's the one you want to come to, better get them right away.  I think there's still room in the 9:30 show.  Please spread the word to your friends and families. There will be 2 shows, 7:00 and 9:30.   You can save $5.00 per ticket by buying tickets at the box office at  216 Union.  If that's not convenient, please go their website at www.tripledoor.net  or call (206) 838-4333 to reserve a seat. 
 
Our new DVD/CD "House Party" is now available for sale at our gigs and also from me. The cost is $30.  Please add $5 for shipping.  You can email me at alice@alicestuart.com to order it.  The official release date is June 16th at our gala 70th birthday celebration at the Triple Door.  2 shows, 7pm and 9:30 pm.  Please do spread the word to your friends about this show.    

For all you Facebook people, please join us there using any of the following pages:

www.facebook.com/alicestuart 

 DO NOT click on the pink background profile pic because it's a 'rogue' page.  The yellow Freedom pic is the one to use.  I have tried to delete the pink one, but it won't delete...Aaargh.  If anyone knows how to get rid of it, please let me know.

www.facebook.com/AliceStuart&TheFormerlys

Please join the fan club page on Facebook.  Believe it or not, booking agents look at that sort of thing when they're considering hiring you so the more the merrier (as they say)    
www.facebook.com/group/alicestuartfanclub  (a group)

We love you!  Alice, Marc, Steve, Dan, Terry D and Pat A

www.alicestuart.com for more info


------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: