Monday, April 07, 2008

GIG NEWS FROM JEROME GODBOO (APRIL 2008)



I'm with my band at Quigley's in the Beaches in Toronto ( 2232 Queen St. E.) every 3rd week of the month - Fri., April 18th, Friday, May 16th, and Friday, June 20th.

Spring is springing with a road trip with the Canadian Children's Dance Theatre, with dates in Parry Sound and Guelph, where I'll play my harmonica live with recorded bass and drums, and with the talented young lady dancers (ages 14-19 yrs. old) springing all around me in every direction.

I return to Toronto on Thursday, April 10, to play with drummer JoJo and the cool jazz band at 'Nawlins ( 299 King St.W., from 8:30 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.).

Next, I'm teaming up with Jack de Keyzer and his band in Whitby, ON, on Saturday, April 12 at 75 Consumers Drive @ 9 p.m.).

The 3rd week of April I play Tuesday, April 15, with Brokenjoe at Canada's best dive, Grossman's (379 Spadina Ave. ), then Thurs., April 17, Classic Albums Live will be playing the Rolling Stones' Some Girls album in its entirety at the Pheonix. This is great because I get to play "Sugar Blues" fast and funky harmonica parts...then Friday, April 18, at 10 p.m. I'm at good old Quigley's in the beaches.

Next, I'll join members of the Downchild Blues Band at the C.A.W. Music Hall in St. Catharines on Sat., April 19, at 8 p.m.

Then I'm back with my band at the Thorold Spring Shuffle on Sat., April 26, at the Royal Canadian Legion @ 3 Ormond St. at 8p.m....back with Brokenjoe on Tues., April 29, at Grossman's (fun gig, lots of laughs)

Sat., May 3, I'll be sitting in for the big Jeff Healey tribute at what used to be called the Docks on Cherry St. I wrote a song for Jeff and I'm hoping to play it that night with his house band and maybe I'll sing "Confidence Man", too.

On May 9, I'm at Roc'n Docs with my main band of Pat Rush, Alec Fraser and Al Cross (105 Lakeshore Rd. E., Port Credit, ON), then a matinee from 3-7 p.m. at the legendary Liquid Lounge in Brantford on Sat., May 10 (Iit may take me a few days before I feel like going home because of Ted and Rena's famous after-party/jam/feasts.)

Quigleys on Fri., May 16, and Chicago's Diner on Sat., May 17, at 925 Simcoe St. N. in Oshawa)

Wed., May 21, Brokenjoe plays with Morgan Davis at Hugh's Room ( 2261 Dundas St.W.) and lastly but not least at the Silver Dollar on Sat., May 24.

Thanks for your interest. I'm going to listen to some Rolling Stones and Jeff Healey Band now.

Jerome

www.jeromegodboo.com


----------------------------------------------

No comments: