Wednesday, January 23, 2008

DAVE RAVE OFF TO EUROPE!



Hey, everybody.

Happy 2008!

'Hope you’re all doing well. I just wanted to let you know about a few things going on.

First off, I just received John M. Borack’s book, Shake Some Action - The Ultimate Power Pop Guide. It’s a great read and it includes a power pop rarities CD with people such as Mark Johnson and Chris von Sneidern. I perform on an unreleased track entitled, "Folk Hero", with The Rooks. If you’re interested in it you can pick one up at www.notlame.com.

I’d also like to let you know about Kate Schrock’s new single, "Why", from her new release, Invocation. Look for this song on your local radio station any day [CKCU 93.1 FM has already played it, in December '06]. This CD also features a song that Kate and I wrote while on tour together called "Carolina Hurricane". She has a number of shows lined up as well. You can get more details at her site at www.kateschrock.com.

Another season of Connecticut’s rapidly growing "Small Town Concert Series" is soon upon us, starting with 2 shows in February, with "Kiss of Fire - Songs of Love and Romance", with a variety of performers including Lauren Agnelli, Lara Herskovitz, Rodney Maxwell, Forest Harlow, The Sawtelles, Chris Listorti, George Morgio, Olivia Male, Samantha Mckenna and The Big House Band. Matthew Male and Lauren have been a doing an amazing job organizing these sold-out shows. I’ll be performing and also acting as the MC for the first series. Check out more at www.myspace.com/smalltownconcertseries.

As of tomorrow [Jan. 23], I’ll be in Europe for the next two weeks with Ralph Alfonso of Bongo Beat Records. We start off in Paris and then to Cannes for the MIDEM International Music Conference. From there it’s off to England where we’ll be in Liverpool and London and where Ralph and I will be hitting the old BBC airwaves. My record with Mark McCarron, In The Blue Of My Dreams, is being released over there, and Ralph and I are there to promote it.

More news when I get back.

Take care.


Raver

www.dave-rave.com


----------------------------------------------

No comments: