Friday, February 02, 2007

Update from Jeff Healey (Jan. 29/07)

Healey here, writing to you from the comforts of my family room, in my big easy-chair. Just a quick note to check in with all of you and say I'm feeling much better than I figured I would by this time. Yes, prescription drugs play a big part in this remarkably quick recovery, but also just plain luck and great care from the hospital staff, good friends, and my wife. I want to thank all of you for your kind correspondence over the past 3 weeks. It means a lot that so many people care so much. The operation, from the surgeon's point of view, was a success; they removed four suspect spots from my left lung and three from my right. I now go back to regular testing (every three or four months) to determine if there is any more cause for alarm. I have become well connected with several highly reputable surgeons and oncologists in the field here in Toronto, and I'm confident that I can nip almost any problem in the bud (cancer-wise) before there is any cause for alarm. Thanks again for your concerns and for enduring this ramble from the website's namesake. I will try to personally check in like this as frequently as I can. I'm now back on the air live Monday evenings at Jazz FM 91.1 in Toronto from 9 - 11 p.m. EST (online at http://www.jazz.fm for those of you around the world who want to tune in) playing songs from my collection of 78 recordings. Thanks for listening! Jeff Healey

No comments: