Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CONEY HATCH ACCIDENT VICTIM CARL DIXON LOSES AN EYE


Letter from Carl

NEWS UPDATE

May 13, 2008

Dear friends,

First, thank you for being my friends. It's almost a month since my car crash and this has been both the hardest time of my life and the most inspiring. The many injuries which I sustained are a huge challenge to overcome. I'm not allowed to stand on my broken legs or feet for a few more weeks. I'm writing this message with a pen in my left hand because my right hand and forearm were broken. Four days ago I had surgery to remove my very damaged and blinded right eye and to prepare the socket for a prosthetic. These are just some of the difficulties I face each day. The inspiration? That comes in large part from every one of you. Whether you believe it or not, I'm here to tell you that being the recipient of all of this love, positivity, and good wishes has worked for me. Betty reads to me daily the messages that we receive and daily I'm moved to tears. Whether it's a longtime loyal friend or a fan whom I've never met, the messages we're getting are sweet and powerful. Everyone of you is helping my recovery, so I thank each of you with a place in my heart.

Some of you expect and are entitled to a personal reply. Don't be discouraged. When my hands are healed and I have access to a computer, I'll start.

Love and peace to you all,


Carl

www.carldixon.com

--------------------------------------------

No comments: