Sunday, May 25, 2008

GARY17 (W/ ROB MINDERMAN) - BIRTHDAY AND SONGS


The countdown is on – 4 days till my 21,000th birthday party on May 29!

I’m getting excited about next Thursday, May 29! That’s the day I turn 21,000 days old and after a long and very difficult winter I’m in the mood to party! I’m feeling much better these days and my energy levels are pretty much 100% at this point, so this should be a fun night.

Where, you ask? Why at Southside Johnny’s, one of my favourite clubs, located at 3653 Lakeshore Rd. W. in Etobicoke [ON] a block east of Brown’s Line. (It’s easy to get to by transit or car – see below for details.) If you’re confused because you thought the event was going to be at Renaissance Café, don’t be: the club double-booked the night, so I opted to move the show rather than change to another night. As it turns out, this is going to be even better!

The party starts at 8 p.m. with an acoustic open mic on the beautifully appointed stage (with pro lighting and sound). After 10:00 the Skip Tracer band will be on hand to serve as house band for an open stage jam. We’ll have at least three mics, two amps, a bass amp, keyboards and of course a drum kit available. I’ve already received confirmation from a number of performers who’ve committed to come out and play and I have no doubt there will be several surprise acts drop by. And at some point I’ll do some of my originals, almost certainly accompanied by my buddy, Robert Minderman, in our The Forecasters duo formation.

No need to bring a card or gift – just seeing my friends and fans on this special day is all I’m looking for (though of course I never say no to donations for the cause or my meds!). There’s no cover and the food here is excellent and sumptuous and the beer prices are among the most affordable you’ll find anywhere (less than $5 including tax for a draught pint, for example).

Here’s how to get there:

By car: QEW from either east or west, or Hwy 427 south, to Brown’s Line exit. South on Brown’s Line all the way to Lakeshore and turn left (east) and go a couple of blocks and you’ll see the club on the right hand (south) side! Free parking out front, out back and in the lot across the way on 36th Street .

By transit: The Lakeshore GO train goes to Long Branch Station, which is at Brown’s Line just a few blocks west of the club. From LB Go station you can either walk east (if it’s a nice night –about 7 minutes) or go over to the TTC Long Branch terminus and take the Queen St. car to the first stop east of Brown’s Line and you’ll see the club ½ a block east. You can also get to Long Branch TTC terminus via two buses (the #123 from Kipling Station or the #110A from Islington Station) that each run approximately every 15 minutes till after 10, then every 20 minutes or so till around 1 a.m. Last buses to connect with the late subway at the stations go north (you can walk to the Brown’s Line northbound TTC shelter from the club in about 3 minutes) around 12:45 – if you need specific information about that, just ask me, because I’ll have the exact schedule with me at the club (or send me an email and I’ll respond with specifics).

Hope to see you there!



Gary 17
Publisher & Editor, to-nite magazine

Join my to-nite Yahoo Groups website at:

http://to-nite.bigsmokemusic.com

to read all the stories in the current and recent issues.

NOTE: My new phone number: 416-424-1743

To hear two Gary 17 songs open my ReverbNation player window:

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/403385


----------------------------------------------

No comments: