Saturday, May 03, 2008

RECOVERY MESSAGE FROM CARL DIXON OF CONEY HATCH


To my family, relatives, friends and loved ones of all stripes, I lie here in a hospital bed in Melbourne, Australia, for almost the third week running, following the worst car accident in my life. Today I asked for a list of my injuries and was startled to see how bad it looked on paper. They are as follows: head injury consisting of haemorrhage and cerebral oedema, right orbital wall fracture and severe trauma to the globe, fractured right C7 vertebrae, right pulmonary contusion, liver lacerations, pancreatic duodenum, right fractured femur, left fractured tibia, right fractured forearm bones, right open knee, multiple facial lacerations, broken right finger, broken left toe, and over 150 external stitches and staples.

And yet, as I sit here today, April 30, 2008, I feel like the luckiest man on earth. I've now been blessed with the knowledge during my lifetime of an enormous amount of goodwill from the people around me. There has been a huge learning experience for me in dealing with this crisis and in feeling the love around me that has brought me through it. I have many people to thank and will do so on an ongoing basis, but first I must give thanks to my wife, Betty, and my daughters, Carlin and Lauren, for bravely rallying around me when I needed them most. The friends and relations who have stepped up at this time are too numerous to count, and their good wishes all shine.

Please know that I'm working hard to get back on my feet and share the joy of music and the joy of life with all of you again. I will begin to post my own news now that I'm back and well enough to do so.

Blessings on you all,


Carl

www.carldixon.com


-------------------------------------------

No comments: