Sunday, Aug. 19/07
On The Verge - D-12 Elm Avenue - Wolfville, NS
Tickets: Ph: 902 542-9399
Monday, Aug 20/07
Ship's Company Theatre - 18 Lower Main Street - Parrsboro, NS
Songs & Stories
Hailing from Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, blues, rock, country, Celtic and Cajun are all musical threads that weave their way through the songs of Canadian blues legend. Forty years of touring, recording and surviving in the music business ensure that those songs tell stories filled with the humor and earthy reality of life on the road. Matt's performance not only showcases great music but also that wonderful heartfelt "down to earth bearer of good will and good times" hospitality for which the Maritimes is justly famous. Songs & Stories features songs from his various recordings & showcases songs from his award winning latest CD 'The Story' and premiers songs from his upcoming cd including the song "Kandahar'. We'd like you to come out and celebrate with us. Come hear the songs, enjoy the stories and wash your soul in a great evening out.
I encourage you to attend this performance and share in the life of a true Canadian Legend!
Matt has released 12 recordings and has amassed numerous awards & accolades along the way including:
· 2006 East Coast Music Award for Blues Recording of the Year for "The Story"
· 2005 Maple Blues Award "Entertainer of the Year"
· 2005 Harvest Jazz Festival Dutch Mason Blues Award
· 2004 East Coast Music Award for Blues Recording of the Year for "Live at Last"
· Canadian Country Music Songwriter of the Year award for Me and The Boys
· Lifetime Achievement Award from the East Coast Music Association
· Three Gold Records, Two Juno nominations,Two Canadian Country Music nominations
· Two ECMA Awards as well as numerous nominations
· The Great Canadian Blues Award from CBC's National radio show, Saturday Night
· Honorary Doctorate Degree from UCCB
· Bestowed with the Queen's Jubilee Medal for his contribution to Canadian music