MEDIA ALERT – MQMUSICFEST!
Saturday, August 18 – “MQMusicFest” Pre-Party at Rok Boutique
MQM Launches Metal Queen Management Compilation CD – Volume 3, win tickets for MQMusicfest, prizes & Jägermeister
Doors at 9 pm. 19+
Sunday, August 19 – “MQMusicFest”: A Spectacular 12-Hour Music Marathon
JUST ANNOUNCED – Appearances by GENE SCARPELLI, son of GODDO, and the TORONTO ROLLER DERBY GIRLS
Doors at 12 noon to midnight. 19+
Metal Queen Management (MQM) is pleased to announce that MQMusicFest 2007 is being held on Sunday, August 19, 2007, at The Phoenix Concert Theatre, 410 Sherbourne Street, Toronto, ON.
This year’s festival — the 2nd annual, following up 2006's successful debut — is a 12-hour rock music marathon, kicking off at 12:00 noon and lasting non-stop until 12:00 midnight.
MQMusicFest will showcase the very best of Canada’s up-and-coming, as well as established, musical talents. This year saw over 60 bands apply through Sonicbids to play MQMusicFest, yet only a select few were chosen. Artists confirmed to date include:
• Edwin (famous platinum-selling artist and former singer of I Mother Earth)
• Mudmen (Rock n’ Roll, Beer & Bagpipes)
• Revolver (featuring Nick Walsh from legendary Juno-winning Canadian rockers Slik Toxik)
• Crash Kelly (featuring guitarist Sean Kelly, who recently recorded with guitarist Gilby Clarke)
• Automan.ca (featuring Darrell "DWaRf" Millar from metal legends Killer Dwarfs)
• Sin Dealer (Rock n’ Blues, new release Sept.8. 2007)
• Automatic (one Canada’s best upcoming rock bands)
• Crackpuppy (Toronto Rockers featuring Johnny Rude, co-owner of Rok Boutique)
• Ash Lee Blade (featuring members of local metal legends Tchort and Clovenblade)
• Crazy Babies (one of Canada's top tributes to Ozzy Osbourne)
• High Voltage (Y108’s Breakout Band Contest Winner)
• Sixes & Sevens (Toronto’s female-fronted Progressive Rock band)
• Basia Lyjak (‘Chick Rock’ with an all-star band)
• Fidget (5 punkin’ gals who love to rock out)
• Zone of Resistance
This year’s MQMusicFest — being held on one of Toronto's best live music stages, with venue capacity of 1,350 — is being proudly sponsored by Long & McQuade Musical Instruments, 97.7 HTZ FM, and Jäger Music. VIPs in attendance will include announcer Steve A.J.D., DJ Mike “The Fly”, legendary rock personality Drew Masters (M.E.A.T), Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles writer Carl Begai from Germany, an appearance by the Jägermeister Girls, Q107 and Uncle D - The Canadian Assman.
Tickets for MQMusicFest are just $20 in advance /$25 at the door. Tickets available at http://www.ticketmaster.ca/. This event is fully licenced (19+). Doors open at 12:00 noon. Currently celebrating its 5th successful year, Metal Queen Management (MQM) — owned and operated by Betty Dworatschek — is the promoter of MQMusicFest. Respected worldwide, MQM is a Toronto-based full-service music entertainment company specializing in the development and promotion of Canadian rock and metal music. Having earned an all-important “street cred” respectability, MQM has evolved to become a “one-stop shop” for aspiring independent artists/bands, providing such services as artist management, performance bookings, promotional campaigns, public relations and legal consulting. MQM also involves itself in a wide range of activities, from judging/hosting radio competitions to securing worldwide distribution deals.
In addition to the festival, a pre-party for participating sponsors, artists and fans will be held on the evening of Saturday, August 18, 2007, at the Rok Boutique, 200 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON.
Recently described by Toronto.com as “New and Trendy”, the Rok Boutique is a stylish throwback to the glitzy eighties scene where hairspray ruled the day and real men wore pink. This downtown shrine to the likes of Motley Crue and G’n’R is the perfect place to get things underway!
MQM also launches Metal Queen Management Compilation CD – Volume 3 on Saturday, August 18. The first 50 people in attendance at the pre-party at Rok Boutique will receive a complimentary copy. The MQM CD 3 will be available for purchase at the MQMusicFest’s merchandise table on August 19. The CD can be previewed at http://www.mqmusicfest.com/.
Metal Queen Management
P.O. Box 47038
220 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2P9
Saturday, August 18, 2007
MEDIA ALERT – MQMUSICFEST!