Wednesday, September 19, 2007

JEFF HEALEY CONTINUES HIS BATTLE AGAINST CANCER GENE

Guitarist, band-leader and musician Jeff Healey, despite his ongoing battle against the cancer gene that stems from retino blastoma - the disease that took his sight in early childhood - is continuing to work on a variety of projects.

Currently in the middle of a course of chemotherapy, he is working on two different recording projects - one a jazz recording for Stony Plain Records, the other a blues CD for Stony Plain and for Ruf Records in Germany. He is also continuing his Monday evening radio show, "My Kinda Jazz", on JazzFM in Toronto.

"I have had to repeat one earlier show, and I'm taping some shows this week, but I'm doing the show live whenever I can, because I much prefer to do it that way," he said.

A handful of concert dates have been postponed, and Healey was sad to miss a Scandinavian tour, which would have lasted too long to allow his ongoing treatments.

"I have great confidence in the doctors who are working with me", Healey says. "I'm doing everything I can to keep busy while my doctors and I fight the good fight. Keeping my various projects on the go is as important to my health as are the treatments."

-30-

For further information, contact:

Richard Flohil
PH: 416 351-1323
CELL: 416 997-4788
E-Mail: rflohil@sympatico.ca

No comments: