Thursday, September 04, 2008

MARIE-JOSÉE HOULE - NEWSLETTER & UPCOMING CONCERT/CD RELEASE



Hello!

I hope you are all well and are enjoying the last bit of summer! Mine has been loaded with incredible experiences, coloured by the odd tragedy.

At the beginning of July, I kicked off my summer tour with a show at Rasputin's Folk Café. Little did I know that I was going to be the last person to officially play at that venue before it burned down after being an Ottawa folk music institution for just shy of three decades... What a loss! My heart goes out to Dean Verger for all of his hard work and support of the Canadian Folk scene...

After the tour, I went to visit good friend Mélissa Laveaux in Paris, got to play a beautiful open-air theatre in Angers, France, slipped up to Oslo, Norway (and froze - I'm so happy to find warm weather again, now that I'm back in Ottawa!) where I joined the Norwegian members of my backing band for three weeks to finish the new album and then went home to my family in Edmonton (and froze there as well) to celebrate the eminent birth of my niece!

After two months of touring and traveling through Canada, France and Norway, I’m back in Ottawa to get ready to release my second album, Monsters, due out in October! I'm so excited to unleash this collection of new music!

Friday, September 5 - 7 pm

Gala Galerie SAW Gallery awards show and fundraiser
Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts and Humanities
314 St. Patrick Street
Ottawa, ON

For the curious, you can catch a sneak preview of the new material on Friday, September 5, when I will be playing the PRIX GOLDEN CHERRY AWARDS - the Gala Galerie SAW Gallery awards show and fundraiser! The show and awards ceremony starts on Friday at 7 pm at Saint Brigid’s Centre for the Arts and Humanities, located at 314 St. Patrick Street.

The show will also feature the music of Adam Saikaley, Kyrie Kristmanson, J’envoie and Muffler Crunch! Email g.nuotio@gmail.com for more details...


Thursday, Oct. 16 - 8 pm

Marie-Josée Houle CD release w/Jupiter Ray Project - NAC 4th Stage

I’m releasing Monsters, backed by a full band on Thurs., Oct. 16, at the NAC 4th Stage with Jupiter Ray Project! You can purchase tickets at the NAC Box Office, Ticketmaster, Ottawa Folklore Centre (call 613-730-2887) or by emailing me at marie-josee@uglysocks.com. Tickets are $20, plus all applicable charges, if you don't get them from me directly.


I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon!


Marie-Josée
xx

PS: After swearing up and down that I would never do this, I joined Facebook. You can find me at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marie-Josee-Houle/32293814324


www.uglysocks.com
www.myspace.com/mariejoseehoule


----------------------------------------------

No comments: