Tuesday, September 09, 2008

OTTAWA AUTHOR RICK MOFINA'S "SHOTS FROM THE RANGE" (SEPT. 9)


Rick Mofina Newsletter, "Shots From the Range"

Winners, Appearances, Draws and More

Hi, Everyone:

Welcome to issue #66 of my personal newsletter SHOTS FROM THE RANGE. Please feel free to share the newsletter with blogs, book clubs, libraries, chat groups. In this issue I'll update you on books, appearances and draws. As usual, a huge thanks to all of you for your patience and support and a big welcometo the newest subscribers of SHOTS. SIX SECONDS NEWS: The home page of my website has been updated to feature SIX SECONDS! Please check it out and let me know what you think. I'd love your feedbackon the active countdown.

James Patterson was very kind with his advanced praise, as was Jeffery Deaver,Lee Child, Heather Graham and Nick Stone. [ http://www.rickmofina.com/ ]


PRE-ORDER SIX SECONDS

SIX SECONDS can now be pre-ordered on most online sites in the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Finland, and Japan. People in the US and Canada have already put theirs in. SIX SECONDS, my ninth book, is a global standalone thriller.

THE COUNTDOWN has begun for release of SIX SECONDS - January 2009 in the US-Cda and February 2009 in the UK, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Mira has the option to possibly release SIX SECONDS in upwards of some three dozen other countries, as well. Stay tuned for news on that.

NEWS: VENGEANCE ROAD, due for release Oct 2009

Hope you all had a great summer. I travelled quite a bit and am now kicking up the pace on writing my 10th book, Vengeance Road. I may have discussed some of this with you. Vengeance Road will launch my 3rd reporter series. If you like Jason Wade and Tom Reed, you'll like love this series. While Tom and Jason take a break, I'm throwing everything I can into VR. It is due for release in paperback in October 2009. But Jason Wade's break won't last much longer.

THE DYING HOUR, to be released in the UK

Jason Wade will be introduced to UK in September 2009 with release of The Dying Hour. Plans are to give it a smashing new UK cover and release it widely wherever books are sold.

APPEARANCES in Baltimore and British Columbia

In October I'll be appearing at the World Mystery Conference in Baltimore known as "Bouchercon". I'll be on a Friday panel. Also I will be giving away free samplers of Six Seconds in Baltimore and if you catch up with me, I'll sign yours. Here's the link to details:

http://www.charmedtodeath.com

"CHARMED TO DEATH" - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2008 - 3:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.

TIME IS TIGHT (Booker T & the MG's) Keeping the plot moving.

Nancy-Stephanie Stone (M), Robert Ellis, Joseph Finder, David Hewson, P.D. Martin, Rick Mofina at "Charmed To Death Bouchercon 2008"

October 9-12, 2008
Baltimore, Maryland USA

16th Annual Surrey International Writers' Conference (SIWC)

Then, later in October, I'll be participating in the Annual Surrey International Writers' Conference, in Surrey, British Columbia. I'll be doing four events at the conference and hope to offer free samplers there, as well. Of course, I'll sign them. Here's the link to details.

http://www.siwc.ca/


Friday, October 24 to Sunday, October 26, 2008
Sheraton Guildford Hotel
SURREY, British Columbia, Canada

BOOK DRAW WINNERS

Congratulations to the winners of August's draw. Signed samplers of Six Seconds are now snailing to: Caroline B., Courtenay, British Columbia, LuAnn M., Tri-Cities, Washington, Norma S., Indianapolis, Indiana

DRAWS: SEPTEMBER DRAW!

This is it! Once again, as promised I will give away three autographed copies of the sampler of SIX SECONDS. They are hot collectors' items. Free samplers have been, or will be, distributed at events in Halifax, Nashville, South Carolina, Boston, California and Toronto, Baltimore and British Columbia.

The sampler is a slender spiral bound edition with the actual cover and the first three opening chapters. To participate in the latest draw, send me an email with "SS SEPT 1" in the subject line to rick@rickmofina.com. The cut-off date is SEPT 12.

Again, my thanks to all of you for your kind support. Hopefully we'll have more news ahead.

As always, I enjoy hearing from you.


Rick


http://www.rickmofina.com


-------------------------------------------------

No comments: