Tuesday, March 18, 2008

GARY17 HOSTING RENAISSANCE OPEN STAGE - MAR. 20 (TORONTO)


I’m hosting and featuring Renaissance open stage March 20. I’m just about fully recovered from my second 10-night hospital stay in less than three months (this time Feb. 29-March 10, to battle pneumonia), with the back pain from so much horizontal recuperation time the only remaining physical ailment I’m dealing with now. It’s getting a little better each day.

So, by Thursday, March 20, I expect to be back in the pink enough to be able to be an effective host for the weekly open stage at at Renaissance Café in East York (Toronto) – the first night of spring and a great chance to say “Good Riddance To Winter!” (I gotta say, as far as this particular winter is concerned, that’s certainly gonna be a cherished moment!)

Teamed up with Rob Minderman as The Forecasters, I’ll also be doing one of two feature acts on offer. Our feature set, around 11, will be an all-originals one with a zestier take on several tunes I’m known to do solo as well as several of my/our “band” songs like “Management Can’t Dance”.

The night’s other feature is well worth coming out to see just on their own: singer Tira and guitarist Ken are TK Duo, which has performed at several of my recent shows to great acclaim. They’ll do a feature probably around 10 p.m.

The night starts at 8 p.m. in the club at 1938 Danforth Ave. just west of Woodbine, and there’s no formal cover – just pwyc [pay what you can] in the jug on the counter. Kids under 12 get in free and are welcome till 11 p.m.

The club offers a great selection of unique microbrews on tap and in bottle, a fully stocked liquor cabinet and tasty, nourishing and affordable eats, including some superb desserts and a variety of gourmet coffees roasted right on the premises.


Gary 17
Publisher & Editor, to-nite magazine


Join my to-nite Yahoo Groups website at http://to-nite.bigsmokemusic.com to read all the stories in the current and recent issues.

NOTE: My new phone number: 416-424-1743


-----------------------------------------------

No comments: