Wednesday, November 07, 2007

DAMON HINES SEEKS FUNDING FOR CD PRODUCTION
Hello and greetings.
My name, if you don't know me, is Damon Hines. I've been a musician for 37 years and a performer longer than I can remember. Many of you know of my long love for, and involvement in. the scene centred in Kensington Market [Toronto] and points nearby, and some of you know " April In Berlin", my contribution to the " Kin of Kensington " compilation released in 1999.
I've come to the conclusion that I desperately need further evidence of my life's work in the form of a quality recording of my original music. To this end, I am inviting the participation of people such as you, dear reader, friends and neighbours, in meeting the costs of producing such an artifact, that is, a professional CD (recording, artwork, mastering, manufacturing, obtaining domain rights, setting up a web-site, paying participants who are unable to donate their time and talents...only fair... and other associated costs incurred in the process).
The working title for this project is Agoraphilia ( love of the market { or Market }).

The stucture for this proposal is as follows: for every $10 submitted to meet initial costs, sponsors will be given a receipt for said funds and will receive a CD upon completion of the project, an acknowledgement (a thank-you) on the package-art-work itself, or the option of a donation in your name, or anonymously if you prefer, to the charity of your choice of not less than 30% of the amount contributed to the recording-fund in $10 increments: for example, for a contribution of $100, you could choose to receive 10 CDs upon completion, or 1 CD and a charitable contribution (c.c.) of at least $27, or 2 CDs and a c.c. of at least $24, etc.
Receipts for such contributions will be obtained by me from your requested charity and returned to you, or directed to you by the organization itself where possible. All donations will be made within 30 days of receipt of funds by me.
_________________________________________________________________
Please make cheques or money orders payable to 'Damon Hines'. Address mail to:
404-106 Broadview Ave.
Toronto, ON
M4M 2G1
If you would like to meet in person to discuss or facilitate participation, please contact me in one or both of the following fashions:
Voice-message: (416) 760-6135
e-mail: hinesdamon@yahoo.ca
I would like to participate in this venture __ yes __ no

I have enclosed a certified cheque or money order in the amount of $______;

in return I look forward to receiving _______ CDs;

if I have specified less than 1 CD per $10 contributed, I would like a percentage of the remainder (not less than 30%) to be paid to the charity specified below:

charitable contribution (c.c.) option _______yes _______no

name of contributor:..........................................................................................
(individual or business)

name of
charity...................................................................................................
(if c.c. option is chosen)

Please include your mailing address, any additional/other contact information you deem neccessary with all replies; please add $1.50 shipping/handling for first CD, $1.00 for each addtional copy (unless of course delivery is to made in person).
Thank you for reading this, and if you have chosen to participate, thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. I hope you enjoy the music; I hope to have it completed in time for Christmas.
peace, love and music,
Damon Hines
---------------------------------------------

No comments: