Tuesday, November 20, 2007

LORI YATES WINS BIG AT THE HAMILTON MUSIC AWARDS!


I just wanted to spread around my great news and take advantage of my bragging rights for at least one day!

On Sunday, Nov. 18, I won 2 awards at the Hamilton Music Awards:

SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR!!!

The competition was very stiff in this category. The other nominees were: Blackie and the Rodeo Kings, Jeremy Fisher, Rob Lamothe and Fred J. Eaglesmith. I didn't think I had a chance at all against these monster songwriters - I'm still in shock!

ALTERNATIVE COUNTRY RECORDING OF THE YEAR [The Book of Minerva]!!

Again, very stiff competition. The nominees were: J.P. Reimens & the Barflies, Kim Koren, Michelle Titian, and Scott Orr. Also monster talents with very solid recordings.

I'm on cloud 9!

Lori

www.loriyates.com

-----------------------------------------------

No comments: