Friday, September 25, 2009

LAYLA ZOE UPDATE


Hey, everyone.

Just wanted to send a quick update with some fun new stuff that's been happening.

First off, I have recently moved to Montreal after a wonderful 2 years in Toronto. I'd like to thank the people who made my time in Toronto so special (you know who you are). I am quickly learning more French and look forward to booking some shows in Quebec in the next few months.

It was a wonderful summer touring to BC and seeing old friends, performing at Errington Hall to a sold-out crowd, singing for thousands for Canada Day on Vancouver Island, a road trip to Calgary for an amazing time at "Femme Fatale 4" show, getting tattooed by friends, partying with Derek Trucks band and Zappa plays Zappa band, and being flown to Germany TWICE for great festivals! It was simply an awesome summer, and nearly helped me completely forget I was dealing with a broken foot! haha! Well, the foot is feeling better, I love my new place in Montreal, and next year is looking very promising with possible European tour!

But now for the recent news:

1. You can now follow me on TWITTER at:

2. The song "Lay your hands on me" was voted #4 out of the top 50 blues songs for 2009 on Baker Street Radio in France!

3. Crossroads magazine in France did a 4 page spread/interview with me in Sept. 09 issue.

4. Lots of amazing new videos (YOUTUBE and myspace page) and photos put up by fans in Germany, after receiving RAVE reviews in Europe. Please join the Layla Zoe fanpage on facebook or add me as a friend on myspace to see new pics, keep up with touring, news, new music and blogs.


5. New dance REMIX of "Lay your hands on me" is now on myspace player. REMIX by District Sixty Nine of Qualicum, BC
(DJ Spacebotz)


Thanks for all your support!

Layla Zoe
"Canada's Darling of the Blues"


-----------------------------------------------

No comments: